What an exciting morning, not only is the new Final Cut Pro X out, so is the new Motion 5 and the new Compressor. All of these pieces of software look amazing.
Some of the things I am looking forward to test out are:
– The 64 bit architecture which will take more use of your computer’s RAM.
– Smart templates which will allow you to make further adjustments to your Motion templates inside of Final Cut.
– Parameter rig which allow you to group related parameters to a single control inside of Motion.
– Bring projects in from imovie which is great for producers who wish to start laying out a rough edit for the editor.
– Proxy Creation will allow an editor to work remotely using small proxy files and then reconnect the project upon completions.
Before I install these new tools I will first upgrade to the new OS Lion and before I do upgrade to a new Operating System I like to do a full format of my drive to have a nice clean system. Once I am set-up and running I shall keep you posted with my feedback.
Update: Being that Final Cut X does not open old Final Cut 7 projects, you may want to keep the old Final Cut Studio handy. Here is a link to the proper way to use both pieces of software from Apple Discussions – Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4: Installation best practices.
Here are the links to all the new features:
Final Cut X
Have an awesome day!